Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Puritan/Cavalier Compare/Contrast-Febuary 10

1. Describe the worldviews of these groups.
The cavaliers just wanted to do what they wanted while the puritans main goal was to serve god
2. How do these worldviews contrast with each other?
Puritans wanted to be controlled while the Cavaliers valued freedom
3. Give specific examples from selections we read that represent these worldviews?
Cavaliers-Stone walls do not a prison make, Nor iron bars a cage.-Lovelace
Puritans-To serve therewith my Maker, and present my true account, lest He returning chide.-Milton
4. Which worldview do you align yourself with more?
I would say that I am more of a cavalier as I am a free thinker and I value my ability to think on my own, but at the same time, I am also faithful to God but I am not as strict as the puritans were.

No comments: